Sunday, January 13, 2008

Christmas at Me-Mo and Daddy-Mo's

After Christmas morning at our house we got ready and packed up to head to Rock Hill to spend the morning at Me-Mo's and Daddy-Mo's (this is what Will calls my parents). Ben, Elizabeth and Emma got there a little later because Ben ended up getting the virus on Christmas Eve and was still not feeling real well Christmas morning so we exchanged all of our gifts to each other and gave them their gifts once they arrived. We all got wonderful gifts from each other as always! Ben, Rick and Kent got some special gifts in their stockings from "Santa" - it was some jewelry with "bling!" (It was actually some stuff my mom had found at the dollar store and thought it would be hilarious to put in their stockings - and boy did they like it, especially Kent!) Kent got Will a dump truck that makes all kinds of noise that Will loves playing with! My parents got Will a Ball Popper and new coat! My parents got me new pajamas, a new sweater, new shirt, and the same exact cake stand that we gave my mom! ;) Rick got a new screw driver set and stud finder and they gave the two of us a picture of a P-38 that was from Pa's house that they had matted for us - it looks great and it meant so much to us to get this from them! Kent gave me the movie, The Jungle Book and Rick a gift card to Lowes! Rick got $ for his computer fund, I got a pocket book and Will got an Aqua Doodle from Ben, Elizabeth and Emma. We got Elizabeth a crock-pot, Ben a Georgia afghan and Emma a ball pit that Emma loves! We gave Kent a Clemson afghan which he loved! We gave my mom a Southern Living at Home Cake Stand and my dad a Clemson sweater (it was actually from ourselves, Elizabeth, Ben and Emma). My dad, as always, got my mom tons of gifts but two that really stood out was the new mixer and the gorgeous jewelry that he had hidden in the mantle. My mom had bought my dad a new sports coat and I'm sure some other things that were given to him before we arrived! My mom got a book for my dad called Owl Moon! - she got it for him because Will loves to go outside with him at night when we are there to "hoot" for the owls! Unfortunately we didn't have grandmother and granddaddy there because of granddaddy being in the hospital (first Christmas we've ever had without them) so that was very different for all of us but hopefully it won't be like that this year! Uncle Bob, Aunt Susan, Christopher, Morgan, Anna and Thomas came over to the house for lunch and everyone had a wonderful time! It was so wonderful to have this time together with the whole family - it always is - we look forward to it every year!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Safe Toys

No comments: