Thursday, July 09, 2009

Happy 4th of July and Bryson's Baptism

Happy 4th of July to everyone!!! I hope that everyone had a very safe and fun 4th of July with family and friends!

I was supposed to have a biopsy done on Wednesday of last week but earlier in the week my throat started to hurt and by Wednesday morning I was pretty sure it was strep throat so I called my doctor's office and got worked in for later in the day and in the meantime I went on to my appointment for the biopsy but once I got there and told them how I was feeling they decided it would be safer to reschedule so we did that and I went home until my next appointment for my sore throat. As I suspected, I did get a positive test for the strep throat and went and got some medication right away so I'd start feeling better as soon as possible. In the mean time my mom had come to help out for the day with Will and since I wasn't feeling well she ended up spending the night which thrilled Will! They went for a long walk through the neighborhood and played chase in the park and my mom cooked dinner for us which was a big help!

I had doctors orders to stay out of work that Thursday and Friday was a day off for me so Will, my mom and I headed to Rock Hill on Thursday evening for the holiday weekend! We didn't do much on Thursday because I didn't want to infect anyone but on Friday Will and my mom rode bikes, we went and got alterations taken care of for me for my dress for DJ's wedding and ran some other errands and later in the evening we headed to Elizabeth and Ben's house to eat pizza and let Will and Emma play in Emma's pool and run through the sprinkler. They also were treated to a bath in the jetted bath tub, which they love!

On Saturday I slept in and we later went and hung out with Elizabeth, Ben, Emma and Bryson for a while since they weren't going to be with us that evening. We came back down to my parent's after playing and Will and I worked on making macaroni and cheese for lunch for the next day...Will was so excited to be able to help out and actually did a very good job!

Kent and Meghan suggested that we go to the Charlotte Knights game that evening and enjoy the fireworks show afterward so my dad went online and ordered us tickets - by the time he tried to order them all the regular seats were taken but we were able to get tickets for the hill, which turned out to be great seats, especially for the fireworks! My dad got a few too many tickets and ended up selling some to my aunt and uncle and some of their friends. Rick came up for the evening which was a nice treat and we all piled into the Suburban that evening after eating supper at my parents and headed to the stadium. We had so much fun watching the game, eating funnel cake and cotton candy and hanging out with each other and the fireworks show after the game was phenomenal!!!

Sunday was Bryson's baptism and he did a wonderful job! We all headed to Elizabeth and Ben's after church for lunch and everything was delicious! We enjoyed spending time with our family and Ben's and were so happy to be able to share in Bryson's special day!













No comments: