Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Boys Will Be Boys!

I went to pick Will up from daycare yesterday and got a call into the main office from the director - I was thinking the worst...figured he had gotten into trouble for not listening again because we had issues with that on Friday and all weekend - luckily he was not in trouble but I wasn't surprised at what she had to tell me. :)

1) He had gotten hurt while dancing in the 4's room - bumped into another kid and got scratched/cut.

2) While his teacher had gone out of the room for a minute (another teacher was in there) he somehow managed to get into some wax and coated his hair with it - had a nice clump right on top of his head!

The saying is "boys will be boys" and Will sure does fit that stereotype! He is into everything these days...he's so independent and most of the time is able to do things on his own with no help and in some of these cases manages to make quite a mess trying! :)

When we got home last night I waited until Rick got home to help me out with Will's hair problem. We plugged in my curling irons and tried to melt the wax out - this worked ok but there was still a lot of stickiness in his hair and the more I brushed the louder he screamed and the more he cried so we decided to call it a night and decided that we'd get up in the morning and work on it a little more (he had a little bit of sunburn from the weekend and this wasn't helping the matter either). This morning when he got up we went with the peanut butter idea and amazingly enough it worked!!! I was so happy because I was to the point that I was going to have to have his hair cut off if it didn't come out and I didn't want to do that. I didn't get pictures of the wad of wax in his hair but I did take pictures this morning of him with the peanut butter in his hair....as you can tell from the pictures he could've cared less....he was grinning from ear to ear (you can also see the band-aid under his eye where he got cut yesterday)!



1 comment:

MeMo said...

Wow, what a mohawk! My students loved the 'peanu- butter-in-the-hair' picture. Momma