Thursday, January 29, 2009

My baby is growing up!!!

As the saying goes, "Time flies by when you're having fun," .... well that's the way I feel these days when it comes to Will! He's been learning so many new things lately and it's amazing to see it all unfold right before our eyes! He got a bike for Christmas from Santa and has been learning to ride it and if I do say so myself, has done a wonderful job and is so proud of himself:



We've continued to work very hard with the potty training and I believe I can say that he is fully trained and we are so very excited about that! Over the Christmas holidays Will out of the blue one day said to me, "I'm not going to wear my pull-ups tonight," so I told him that he'd have to wear them that night and we'd get him a mattress pad for his bed the next day. Elizabeth and Emma came over for the day the next day and hung out and we ran a few errands so while we were out I ran into the store and got the mattress pad. Every night since then (around the 1st of January) he's been dry!!! He's so proud of himself for this achievement also! Every once in a while we'll take him to the store still and let him pick out a toy and tell him it's for doing so well with staying dry at night so this is quite the incentive for him! :)

We keep working on colors, letters, numbers, etc. with Will and he continues to amaze us with all that he knows and continues to learn every day! I know he's my child and I don't brag on him very often but he's a pretty smart kid if I do say so myself!

Will loves to sing and loves learning new songs...my mom said he reminds her of me when I was little because he picks up a tune with no difficulty whatsoever! Lately we've been listening to some Bible Songs CD's that I had bought for Will a couple of years ago - he calls them his Jesus songs and tells me he wants to hear his Jesus music - it's so cute! He loves music so much!

He's quite the little athlete too - we'll see what becomes of his skills as he gets older! We would love to see him play some sports but we'll leave that up to him as the years go by - I don't want to be a parent that pushes something on my child that they really don't have a love for or don't want to put the heart into it! I want him to be able to make some decisions like this on his own one day! His favorite sport right now is football and most importantly....CLEMSON FOOTBALL!!! He comes home every day and puts on his uniform and wants to play football with daddy!

I could go on and on about him but I just wanted to "touch" on a few BIG things that had been happening lately around the Papp household! As I said before I'm happy to see Will growing up but somewhat sad at the same time....before we know it he'll be in kindergarten!!!

3 comments:

Beth said...

isn't it awesome to see these kids blossom before our eyes! I have to say I'm a little jealous. Matthew got his bike in November and is still not understanding the rhythm of peddling. Way to go Will, and mom!!

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of Will, too! It is all so exciting. My Momma said to enjoy every stage of life because there is something good about each one. Although I've always tried to follow that advice, I'm really understanding it just now! Love you, Will. Keep up the good work! MeMo

THE HOWELL FAMILY said...

He really is growing up way too fast! He is so smart and talented. Of course, being his aunt I'm probably almost as biased as you! : ) We are very proud of him too and love watching him and Emma grow up together!